Friday, October 15, 2010

Water is Precious

It's Blog Action 2010 today and I'm glad to be taking part in this worldwide campaign this year. With focus on water, let me share my own views regarding this very important part of human life.

Water is vital for humans. Not drinking this liquid for several days can lead to death. And so as water resources are being threatened today around the world, it is a must for people to do their share in conserving water.

At home, I always tell my two kids the importance of not wasting water. This is regardless where they may be -- in the house or in school. I often get upset when I see that they're not following my advice but I keep reminding them in the hope that it will eventually sink in their minds. Constantly reminding them of their duties is part of the discipline process especially when it comes to children.

So what specifically can you do at home to save water and lower your water bills? You may have heard these steps many times but it won't hurt to echo them all over again.

1. Use a glass of water when brushing your teeth.
2. Use the last set of water when washing clothes to water your plants.
3. Fix leaking pipes and faucets right away or turn off water supply while you're waiting for your plumber.
4. Don't take too long in the shower.

These are only a few steps but when done consistently, they can help you save water at home. Do your part, too. It feels good when you know you've done something right and helped the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment