Thursday, August 27, 2009

Juggling Parental Responsibilities


Being a wife of an overseas Filipino worker (OFW) is no big joke. As the hubby is working in another country, this means I'm left on my own to raise the children, keep the house and earn a living at the same time. Tough job it sure is but when you have adjusted to life like this, you'll learn to manage everything with ease. Attitude counts a lot.

It's a good thing that I have a home-based job (actually two jobs) which allows me to attend to the children's needs and keep the house neat and clean without the time constraints. I also credit my parents for raising me to be a responsible and independent person because if not, I would have depended on them all the time especially as I live far away from them. I thank my young and trusted helper or I'd rather call her my personal assistant for assisting me in watching over the kids and helping in the household chores.

Literally, I'm a single parent in this situation. But I can't complain because I know that God has reasons for everything. I'm grateful for what I have right now, for making me a mother and wife, for giving me a good job and a good assistant in the house. Sometimes, my patience may be short when it comes to instilling discipline among my two kids but always, I try to remind myself to keep my cool. And above all, I never lose my faith in God because it is with His grace that I am able to fulfill my parental responsibilities every day to the best that I can even in the absence of my partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment