Saturday, July 18, 2009

How I Got Into Scrapbook Making

I've always loved arts and crafts since I was a small kid. I've carried on this passion even until now which is why I've decided recently to become a member of some a local site catering to the art of scrapbook making called Scrappin' Moms.

Everything started when I was about 8 or 9 years old. I used to collect small stationeries and I would draw some of my favorite Sanrio characters on it and then give it to my close friends in school. Sanrio was at the height of its popularity back then in the late 1970s until the 1980s. My favorite characters were the Little Twin Stars and Hello Kitty. Fact is, I collected several small Sanrio items at that time some of which I was able to pass on to my little girl, Charlotte.

My love for scrapbooking came a little later during my high school and college days. It all began with my collection of magazine cutouts of my favorite male celebrity Aga Muhlach. I was following Aga since his Bagets days and started collecting magazines which featured him. I would then paste his photos and writeups on a scrapbook. And would you believe I was able to have it signed personally by Aga Muhlach when he came to our place. Modesty aside, the actor was so impressed to see that scrapbook from his Ilongga fan.

Back in 2003, I got into the more modern art of scrapbook making which involves creating a beautiful layout of pictures and other art materials on a page. I made one for my son, JP, using just the inexpensive materials. I've long been searching for a group engaged in this hobby and it was only now that I found one.

Scrappin' Moms are all mothers and professionals passionate about scrapbooking. They make fantastic scrapbook pages using the wide range of materials available in stores today. I'm glad to be a member of this group and I hope to learn and share wonderful ideas with these amazing moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment