Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mother and Child Ties


If there's one thing that I admire in Michael Jackson other than his music and remarkable achievements in his career, it's his close ties with his mother, Katherine. It's heart-warming to know that amid all the fame as well as the rough roads that he had to go through, his mom was his staunch supporter. No wonder why Michael entrusted his three children to his mother.

I have always admired people who are close to their mothers. I know how it feels to have a wonderful and supportive mom and I consider myself a very lucky daughter. I enjoy a great relationship with my mother whom I fondly call "Nanay." She's been there to support me and my siblings in everything we do even until now. Nanay was just a call away and I appreciated it so much that she was able to be with me when I gave birth to my two children with a seven-year gap. She and my Tatay were successful in raising all four of us to become the responsible and independent individuals that we are now.

Nanay is a young looking person especially when in her tip top shape. In fact, as me and my sister were growing up, the three of us were even mistaken as sisters. I took after my Nanay in many aspects including my looks, my being a hands-on mother and my dedication to keep my family together. And although we're miles apart today, I always make sure to call her at home as often as I can and update her with our latest activities.

We may have differences but our strong bond is more important than anything else today. A mother is the best person anybody can have and now that I'm a mom myself, I'd like to follow the footsteps of Nanay.

No comments:

Post a Comment