Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thanks for your Music, Michael



It's sad to let go of a great artist who's made a huge impact in the lives of millions of music fans. I don't want to say goodbye to Michael Jackson. I just want to say "thank you for your music." Because even though he's physically no longer with us, his music will live on forever. And as what Madonna said in her recent concert where she paid tribute to Michael, "Long live the King!"

I must admit that I'm a fan of Michael Jackson. I grew up listening and dancing to his music. I come from a dancing and music loving family and my older brother and I were the ones who followed Michael's popular songs as we were growing up. My great love for music was what actually led me to become a disc jockey in an FM radio station more than 10 years ago. Back then, my favorite Michael Jackson song that I loved to play was "Heal the World" not only because of it's meaningful message but also because of its wonderful musical arrangement.

Dancing to Michael's upbeat songs was what I also loved to do back then. In fact, I can still remember the dance moves associated with his hit songs from Rock With You, Beat It to Billie Jean, Thriller and Bad. It only goes to show that the King of Pop can really make people get up and dance with his music any time, anywhere.

I would have loved to see him back on stage for his final concert, even just on TV or on the internet. But sadly, he couldn't do that now. One thing's for sure, though, I will always play and dance to his music along with my kids. So thanks to you, Michael for your wonderful music. You will always be remembered.

No comments:

Post a Comment